Petite Fumée podcast - "Dollar Mambo gumbo" by Dollar Mambo
It's an exclusive Dollar Mambo's mix for Petite Fumée Blog with lots of color and love, my sunny present...
Dollar Mambo is an Swiss artist, born in Montreux. His Primary "education / influence," was of course the jazz festival in Montreux (Miles Davis first saw in 1984 to 11 years and has seen almost all the concerts). He started piano at 8 years (classical and jazz conservatory school) and integrated several formation (rock band at 16, first concert piano solo at 20, then a trio quartet trend free jazz experimental). It's in 2001 when he arrived in Geneva, that he was influenced by the electronic music thanks to the famous Mental Groove record.
His name is taken from the title of Paul Leduc's film. A movie realized in Panama where you find no dialogues but only music and dance to narrate the story. Like in the "seven dollar" album, all tracks have an authentic "south" colour.
Please Note his forthcoming releases :
- vinyl and digital: "seven dollar ep" on Nice Try Records(Zürich) www.nicetryrecords.ch
- vinyl and digital: "Do a Cat ep" on Troia Recordings(Lisbonne) out now en digital
- vinyl en début d'année (Troia Limited)
- vinyl et digital: "Dark Tribe ep" on Brut! Records(Londres) sortie début 2010.
01. Gil Scott-Heron "Sex Education: Ghetto Style"
02. Santana "Evil Ways"
03. Rose Royce "Zig Zag"
04. Conjure (Cab Calloway stands in for the Moon) "Petit Kid Everett"
05. Dollar Mambo
06. Rockers Hi-Fi "Going Down"
07. Frank London "El Silencio"
08. Idjut Boys "Laisn"
09. Herbie Hancock & the Headhunters "Watermelon Man"
10. Sneaky Fox "Rock the Casbah"
11. with Al Jarreau "Ain't no sunshine"
12. Dollar Mambo
13. Stratus "Footprints" with The Bonzo Dog Band voices "Noise for the leg"
14. Carla Bley & Kip Hanrahan "Indian Song"